2D seismic data

Oil and natural gas exploration -- geology and geophysics
Kerim_spb

2D seismic data

Post by Kerim_spb » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:15 pm

Dear colleagues,

i'm Phd student and I'm looking for 2D onshore seismic line with the streamer length of about 8 km (4 to the right and 4 to the other side) or bigger. Also, it must be done with the symmetrical survey and with CMP method.
It would be great that I get with the SPS files to be confident geometry is correct.

Thank you for any comment!

GuyM
VIP Member

Re: 2D seismic data

Post by GuyM » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:10 pm

"Streamer" is usually of marine data, although land streamers are used in HiRes work.

I don't have a dataset to hand that matches those specifications, but you could try some of these:

http://wiki.seg.org/wiki/Open_data

Kerim_spb

Post by Kerim_spb » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Thank you for answer
I meant survey length instead of streamer indeed. By the way how it would be in English? seismic cable? I'm talking about streamer on land
Following the link you gave me I found some interesting data, maybe that satisfies me
But still, if somebody has such data share if possible

GuyM
VIP Member

Post by GuyM » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:40 am

For land surveys I think its more common to talk about "active spread length".

With marine surveys a fixed cable (or streamer) is pulled behind the vessel.

With land surveys the equipment is often laid out, but not all of the geophones are "live"; as the shot point moves along the line the spread of "live" phones moves along too. Eventually the "dead" geophones at the back of the cable are moved up to the front, and connected.

The whole process then "rolls along", with the "active spread" in the middle of the cable, and teams picking up the cables and geophones at the rear once the source has moved along, and deploying them to the front.

The kind of survey you are talking about is termed "split spread" because the shotpoint is in the middle of the "live" spread of geophones.

So I'd tend to call it a "split spread survey with a 4000m maximum offset"..

Kerim_spb

Post by Kerim_spb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Thank you for explanation
This information is useful to express my thoughts and to pose questions