Aqualocate Seismoelectric

Geophysical applications on environmental investigation, engineering, archaeology, forensics, hydrology...
sayraleticia
Silver Member

Aqualocate Seismoelectric

Post by sayraleticia » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:32 pm

Hello,

Has anyone used Aqualocate Seismoelectric system? I would like to know any good or bad experience with the technology and please explain it. I called them and they said is pretty good but I have read good and bad reviews about it.

I will appreciate any comment.

Thanks.

pster
Silver Member

Re: Aqualocate Seismoelectric

Post by pster » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:14 pm

The physics are real, the technique isn’t voodoo. But the systems and services typically being offered rely on a returned signal that is really, really small. I question what you can realistically hope to achieve with such a weak source if there is any kind of cultural noise (radio interference, power lines, heck a truck running nearby).

Schlumberger put together a couple of good case study examples where they used oilfield sources and arrays and significant effort.

http://www.slb.com/~/media/Files/techni ... 012222.pdf

Keep in mind when talking to an instrument manufacturer some are going to say it does everything, wonderfully. I’ve heard the Aqualocate pitch. As someone who turns down a lot of work because I think I would be wasting someone’s money, their spiel was pretty scary.

sayraleticia
Silver Member

Re: Aqualocate Seismoelectric

Post by sayraleticia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:21 am

Thank you for your replied.